Posted to users@camel.apache.org by preben <pr...@dr.dk> on 2010/10/03 09:14:05 UTC

XMPP pubsub

Hi

Seems that camel-xmpp doesn't implement pubsub Smack features (XEP-0060
Publish-Subscribe). There is a jivesoftware library that supports pubsub,
and both ejabberd and openfire servers support pubsub.

Anybody have any ideas about at Camel component for this ?
eg. create a new one or extend the existing xmpp component.

thanks
Preben

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by preben <pr...@dr.dk>.
The latest 3.1.0 doesn't support pubsub, but on trunc
http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/smack/trunk/source/org/jivesoftware/smackx/pubsub/
the feature is implemented. Seems that only a release is needed.

An alternative would be nice since the latest Smack release is back in
20008.

/preben

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
We already have a ticket to upgrade to Smack 3.2.0 after Camel 2.8.0 is out.

... and we love contributions... ;-)

Best,
Christian

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by rcollier <ro...@hotmail.com>.

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the contribution.
Can you create a JIRA[1] and submit the patch ? In this way we can keep
tracking the issue easily.

BTW, maybe we could let servicemix bundle repo to load the specification
version of smack.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: XMPP pubsub

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
That's the question. How accommodating should a community be with all the usage scenarios of its artifacts?
The only solution I see is to engage the smack guys and see what their interest is, what help they could use and how we could cooperate.
It's apache licensed, so personally I'm willing to help.

Hadrian

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Re: XMPP pubsub

Re: XMPP pubsub

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM, preben <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Seems that camel-xmpp doesn't implement pubsub Smack features (XEP-0060
> Publish-Subscribe). There is a jivesoftware library that supports pubsub,
> and both ejabberd and openfire servers support pubsub.
>
> Anybody have any ideas about at Camel component for this ?
> eg. create a new one or extend the existing xmpp component.

We love contributions so if anyone want to help improving the existing
camel-xmpp.
Unfortunately Smack hasn't been released a new version in a while. I
think 3.1.0 is stil the latest version.
Could you check if Smack 3.1.0 supports the feature seek?

If anyone knows of better Java clients then I would like to know.

And feel free to create a ticket in JIRA for this.

> thanks
> Preben

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer