Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2014/12/01 11:17:09 UTC

DocumentMK RDB persistence support in Oak 1.0.*

Hi there,

support for relational databases in the DocumentMK has been in the works
for quite some time now.

When OAK 1.0 branched in Spring, it got a snapshot of early code that
hasn't been maintained since. I recently removed this ancient code (see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-2136>), so this will be gone
in 1.0.9.

At some point after 1.0.9 is release, I'd like to re-integrate the
current code from trunk. This will affect

a) the actual implementation classes (RDBDocumentStore, RDBBlobStore,
plus utility code), also some new test classes

b) glue code in DocumentMK (which instantiates the *Store classes)

c) glue code in the DocumentNodeStoreService (which will have the
ability to obtain a Datasource from OSGi)

d) fixtures to re-enable test cases and benchmarks in oak-run

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

Re: AW: DocumentMK RDB persistence support in Oak 1.0.*

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2014-12-11 18:03, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2014-12-01 12:53, KÖLL Claus wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sounds good to me !
>
> Thanks.
>
>> At this point i would bring again the topic in place about
>> removing/clearing the code and wording in oak.
>>
>> See discussion http://markmail.org/message/6cpbyuthub4jxase and
>> http://markmail.org/message/yj4fpttzkw4uofrj
>>

>> I think there is already a issue created
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-1327
>
> I agree that it would be good to make progress here, but that seems to
> be orthogonal to the subject.
>
> Any other feedback?
>
> Best regards, Julian

OK, unless there are objections I'll start with this soonish. I have
opened <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-2506> for tracking.

Best regards, Julian

Re: AW: DocumentMK RDB persistence support in Oak 1.0.*

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
Hi,

Sounds good to me !

At this point i would bring again the topic in place about removing/clearing the code and wording in oak.

See discussion http://markmail.org/message/6cpbyuthub4jxase and http://markmail.org/message/yj4fpttzkw4uofrj

I think there is already a issue created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-1327

greets
claus