Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Christian Mauceri <ma...@hermeneute.com> on 2007/03/22 20:15:31 UTC

Annotation Iterator order

Hi,

I have noticed a nice behaviour of the annotation iterator order:

    * it seems they are ranked by increasing order of their begin
      position (and for the same begin position follow the increasing
      order of the length of the span)

Is this part of the specs? If it is not it would be nice it be as it
facilitates for instance test of inclusions of recognized forms in
larger contexts by appropriate use of subclass of annotation tests (eg
to do some kind of shallow parsing).

--
Cordialement/Regards
Christian Mauceri

Re: Annotation Iterator order

Posted by Christian Mauceri <ma...@hermeneute.com>.
Hi Adam,

thanks for the reply to the lazy guy I am.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
Hi Christian,