Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/05 12:00:57 UTC

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Finally I had the minutes to hack anything together. The script could
be found here [1] and shows the following conflicts (and I'm
positively surprised by the low number :-)):

Package: org.apache.wicket.request.handler.logger in wicket-core,
wicket-request,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.string.interpolator in wicket-core,
wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.request.mapper in wicket-core, wicket-request,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.resource in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.io in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.request.handler in wicket-core, wicket-request,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.file in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.request in wicket-core, wicket-request,
Package: org.apache.wicket in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.string in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.crypt in wicket-core, wicket-util,
Package: org.apache.wicket.util.lang in wicket-core, wicket-util,

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://gist.github.com/1977817

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Andreas!
This will be tracked in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4439

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
this is a difference between a framework/library and a service. osgi
is really designed so people can expose services. a service has a
clear separation of what is public and what is private. a framework,
like wicket, on the other hand, has no such separation because the
user is meant to write their code "inside" it so the vast majority of
the api surface has to be exposed.

-igor

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Achim,

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Finally I had the minutes to hack anything together. The script could
>> be found here [1] and shows the following conflicts (and I'm
>> positively surprised by the low number :-)):
>>
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.request.handler.logger in wicket-core,
>> wicket-request,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.util.string.interpolator in wicket-core,
>> wicket-util,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.request.mapper in wicket-core, wicket-request,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.util.resource in wicket-core, wicket-util,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.util.io in wicket-core, wicket-util,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.request.handler in wicket-core, wicket-request,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.util.file in wicket-core, wicket-util,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket.request in wicket-core, wicket-request,
>> Package: org.apache.wicket in wicket-core, wicket-util,
>
> The line above bothers me.
> o.a.w actually is in every module... I guess this is a problem only if
> two or more modules have classes in this package. Since only -core has
> classes there then I guess all is fine. Right ?

Actually o.a.w.IClusterable is in -util.

Re: Wicket 6.0 status

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.