Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Paladugu, Suresh" <su...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/12/30 04:29:25 UTC

How the Xsl is applied to sax events that are generated in a pipeline?

Hi all,

  I have a doubt like,how the Xsl (in transformer)  is applied to Sax events ( that are generated from generator or aggregator)?

 {   What i feel is, the xml should be present for writing an xsl.    }

Could any one please help me in this.

Thanks in advance
Suresh...

Re: How the Xsl is applied to sax events that are generated in a pipeline?

Posted by "Damjan S. Vujnovic" <da...@ceetel.co.yu>.
>   I have a doubt like,how the Xsl (in transformer)  is applied to Sax
> events ( that are generated from generator or aggregator)?
>
>  {   What i feel is, the xml should be present for writing an xsl.    }

Xsl is not applied to Sax events. Xsl is applied to the XML document described
by the recieved Sax events. What most (if not all) Xslt engines do is that
they are using Sax events to create a DOM and then apply the Xsl
transformation.

HTH,
Damjan S. Vujnovic

Re: How the Xsl is applied to sax events that are generated in a pipeline?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Paladugu, Suresh wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>  I have a doubt like,how the Xsl (in transformer)  is applied to Sax events ( that are generated from generator or aggregator)?
>
> {   What i feel is, the xml should be present for writing an xsl.    }
>

>Could any one please help me in this.

you might want to ask this also on the Cocoon mailing list

Michi

>Thanks in advance
>Suresh...
>

>This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

Michael Wechner