Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2015/11/29 16:27:34 UTC

Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Now that Maven 3.3.9 is out and seems pretty stable, any objection to switch
to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT?

I want to merge MNG-5878 new feature...

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com>.
@Stephen
Nice to have Lambda Expressions.

@all
Question.. Are we all open for reworking Java code to use Lambda
expressions and do we have spare time?
I am open for that but there are few pitfalls with Java8.
1. people may still use Java 6 or 7.
2. AFAIK Java 8 compiler involves Java 8 imports even if -source -target is
1.7.
3. sniffer plugin was not able to identify Java 8 class in sources if
signature is org.codehaus.mojo.signature:java17:1.0
4. what about toolchain. Can user have java_home set to JDK1.8 and
toolchain 1.7 without any problems?

Cheers
Tibor

--
Cheers
Tibor

Re: Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
OK, so here is our policy:

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my phone

Re: Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com>.
+1: go for it

wrote:

> Now that Maven 3.3.9 is out and seems pretty stable, any objection to
> switch
> to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT?
>
> I want to merge MNG-5878 new feature...
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Switching Maven HEAD to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I think Maven 4.0 would be better suited for a JDK 8 switch. Now I know 4.0
would imply major new features, but I also think you could make JDK 8 the
major new feature of 4.0 -- and introduce your planned enhancements in the
minor point releases.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

On 11/29/15 4:27 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Now that Maven 3.3.9 is out and seems pretty stable, any objection to switch
> to 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT?

+1 from me...

> I want to merge MNG-5878 new feature...
>
> Regards,