Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by francis Bernon <fb...@igloographix.net> on 2003/08/13 12:41:38 UTC

WebDAVServlet enhancement ?

Hi,

I'm new to Slide, WebDAV and Tomcat and I'd like to develop a software which offers the following functions:

- to manage documents with a navigator (platform independent and no specific installation) that is to say:
- download, upload, delete, move, rename files
- create, delete folders

I don't understand very well the documentation from the Jakarta Project. I've found some interesting
documents on the Net but I still don't know exactly which way to follow.

- Does the Slide WebDAVServlet good for the job by itself ?
- Should I extend the Slide WebDAVServlet ?
- Should I develop an all new Servlet over the "Slide High-Level Repository API" ?
- Should I develop a new Servlet, communicating with the Slide WebDAVServlet, and thus using the
  Slide Client API ?

Any information is welcome.

Thank you,
Regards,
Francis.

Re: WebDAVServlet enhancement ?

Posted by francis Bernon <fb...@igloographix.net>.
Thank you very much for the Cocoon link but, as you mentioned it, it seems very complex for
what I want to develop.
I'm currently trying to develop a new Servlet, communicating with the Slide WebDAVServlet, and thus using the
Slide Client API.

Posted by Sam Coward <sa...@atnet.net.au>.
I've been toying around with the Slide integration in the current CVS
release of the Cocoon project, which provides a decent web front-end to
slide. It might be a bit heavy weight for what you want to develop (plus
it has its' own concepts and techniques to learn), but nonetheless, you
might want to check it out.

http://cocoon.apache.org

AFAIK (or the website documentation led me to believe) Slide was
intended to be a low-level CMS system.

Sam

Re: WebDAVServlet enhancement ?