Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/07 06:10:52 UTC

CS 4.1 advanced zone setup without vlans?

Hello,

Can I setup advanced zone networking without using vlans?

Thanks in advanced for your help?

Re: CS 4.1 advanced zone setup without vlans?

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you kindly; I have configured bridges for CS base on this official
guide but had not success:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html

can some one provided examples of how the bridges must be configure?

Thanks,

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

CloudStack Bootcamp Training on 27/28 November, Bangalore
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CS 4.1 advanced zone setup without vlans?

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
I installed CS 4.2, configured a zone with basic networking, System VMs
started fine but I'm unable to download ISOs, so I know I have a networking
issue. System VMs are able to get Private IP in the 192.168.0.0/24 as
assigned and public IPs, yet unable to ping them or unable to connect to
System VMs.

I'm planing on recreating the zone from scratch this time I will select
advance networking, Guest CIDR could be anything right? since is a Virtual
network I don't need to work about it? I'm planing on using Guest/Public in
the same physical interface, storage/management in another interface with
192.168.0.0/24 <http://192.168.0.24/> subnet. Default Guest CIDR 10.1.1.0/24
.

public IP 98.234.34.207/26, I want the VM to face the public without using
NAT, is this setup look good? I'm using KVM hypervisors a cluster of two

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.