Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/19 14:35:33 UTC

Status 2.2.1 CMS integration?

What is the status?
I would prefer a implementation with Wicket Framework (portlets), perhaps
utilizing Brix-CMS? (http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/)
"Based on Wicket and JCR, it is the best Wicket-based CMS framework
available today"

It is small and easy I think. So good for integration. And it is standards
based (JCR).

What do you think?
Any timeline? Who is developing?

Re: Status 2.2.1 CMS integration?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Jun 22, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Ralf Eichinger wrote:

> I started a new page in Jetspeed's wiki.
> http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/ContentManagementSystem
>
> ok? start discussing?

yes of course, we welcome your input and experience with wicket

Re: Status 2.2.1 CMS integration?

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@googlemail.com>.
2009/6/20 David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>

> On Jun 19, 2009, at 5:35 AM, Ralf Eichinger wrote:
>
>  What is the status?
>>

> Planned for the next release, 2.2.1
>
>  I would prefer a implementation with Wicket Framework (portlets), perhaps
>> utilizing Brix-CMS? (http://code.google.com/p/brix-cms/)
>> "Based on Wicket and JCR, it is the best Wicket-based CMS framework
>> available today"
>>
>> It is small and easy I think. So good for integration. And it is standards
>> based (JCR).
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> I downloaded it. I agree it doesn't look bad at all. I will try to learn
> more about Brix over the next few days.
> We use Wicket in many of the Jetspeed administrative portlets as well. In
> fact one of our team members, Ate, is a contributor to Wicket and has
> authored the Portlet support in Wicket.

Wicket rocks. Are Wicket portlets yet usable in Jetspeed2?
(So porting Brix CMS to portlets would be fine. I think of one
CMSViewPortlet, a  CMSAdminPortlet and a CMSMenuPortlet...)

>  Any timeline? Who is developing?
>>

> Jetspeed recently released version 2.2.0 on May  27, 2009:
>
> http://portals.apache.org/news
>
> The team is just now getting started on 2.2.1 development. I don't have a
> formal roadmap yet, but I have put out a proposed high level roadmap for
> 2.2.1 on my blog:
>
> http://davidseantaylor.blogspot.com/

How to discuss functionality/architecture/portlets of new CMS? (cms
discussion on mailinglist will be somewhat spreaded around, propose
something like an own Wiki-Page?)
Will try to contribute some time...

Re: Status 2.2.1 CMS integration?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.