Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Terry Ellison <te...@apache.org> on 2011/08/14 20:26:12 UTC

The impact of the OOo community sties on Apache.org domain volumetrics

Shane,

Thanks for these very useful volumetric links.  I have a Q about Henk's
stats.  I see that the total requests / month across all apache sites
run at ~350M requests.  Is this Apache requests (e.g. an aggregate
linecount of all Apache access logs) or just the main document requests
(e.g. ignoring furniture such as CSS, JS and images used to render pages).

It's just that the OOo community wiki and forums combined run at over 2M
requests per day.  That is when these two VMs go online, this could
represent and overall monthly increase in requests to apache.org of
60-70M; that's an increase of some 20% on the 350M baseline.  (This is
just the two community services, and not counting the rest of the OOo
sites or download requests.)

Just something that we should consider.
Regards
Terry

<Was Re: [www] html instead of markdown (mdtext)?>