Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lava Saleem <ln...@ualr.edu> on 2011/01/13 17:32:39 UTC

reverse proxy rule configuration

Hi everyone,
I have a web page  html embedded with java script  deployed in the apache,
this webpage is suppose to retrieve data from different server, for some
reason this is not happening cause Iam violating java script same origin
policy and I have been told that what I need to do is set up a reverse proxy
rule to avoid that, I have read the following website and to be honest I'm a
bit confused about configuring a rule ? I'm not quite sure if this is the
right thing to do to avoid violating same origin policy, I know both boxes
(apache and the other server) are in the same domain, if you have further
information please send me your feedback
 http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html

Thank you

Lava

Re: reverse proxy rule configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: reverse proxy rule configuration

Posted by Lava Saleem <ln...@ualr.edu>.
Chris,
Thanks for the feedback, what I have is a apache tomcat that is set to
default I haven't changed any configuration,I have uploaded  html webpage
that has embedded java script, the web page suppose to send json data to
another server and return json data back, the problem is the other server is
not responding, somebody told me to set up a reverse proxy rule in the
tomcat apache to avoid the same origin policy violation, to be honest I
don't know how to set up reverse proxy rule and I'm not sure if that will
solve the same origin policy issue, do you  think that will solve it?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.