Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Igor Zevaka <ig...@cognethos.com> on 2005/09/09 06:31:35 UTC

Mirroring a Subversion Server

Hi,

Our company is changing from SourceSafe to SubVersion. The problem is
the subversion server is located somewhere else and we need to access it
using a slow Internet link. Is it possible to set up a caching
SubVersion server that we can work with locally and get it to update the
slow server only if a change has been made. Alternatively we need a
mechanism that will write out the new files with history periodically.

Thanks for you help

Igor Zevaka

Re: Mirroring a Subversion Server

Posted by Denis Golubev <go...@ukr.net>.
Hi, Jon.

> Den 9. sep 2005 kl. 8:31 skrev Igor Zevaka:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Our company is changing from SourceSafe to SubVersion. The problem
>> is the subversion server is located somewhere else and we need to
>> access it using a slow Internet link. Is it possible to set up a
>> caching SubVersion server that we can work with locally and get it
>> to update the slow server only if a change has been made.
>> Alternatively we need a mechanism that will write out the new files
>> with history periodically.
>
> I have not done any replication or speed up myself, but i have heard
> about the SVK project.
> Besides that if you checkout through http, you might just possibly be
> able to proxy/cache those requests.

Have anybody tried SVN:Mirror (svm) or svn-hook tools?

Re: Mirroring a Subversion Server

Posted by Jon Bendtsen <jo...@laerdal.dk>.
Den 9. sep 2005 kl. 8:31 skrev Igor Zevaka:

> Hi,
>
> Our company is changing from SourceSafe to SubVersion. The problem
> is the subversion server is located somewhere else and we need to
> access it using a slow Internet link. Is it possible to set up a
> caching SubVersion server that we can work with locally and get it
> to update the slow server only if a change has been made.
> Alternatively we need a mechanism that will write out the new files
> with history periodically.

I have not done any replication or speed up myself, but i have heard
about the SVK project.
Besides that if you checkout through http, you might just possibly be
able to proxy/cache those requests.

JonB