Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2014/04/17 08:15:59 UTC

[DS] Changing the format of the info from commands?

The upcoming ds spec has a more sensible data format for DS components built in, and I'd like to change the output of the SCR commands to match this new format, so we don't have to maintain two sets of data.  The main change is that instead of each component being represented by an unconfigured instance or all the configured instances, there's a "definition" layer showing what the xml tells you and then an "instance" layer showing all the actual (configured) instances.

I hope that this will also mean we don't have to have unconfigured instances around even when they aren't satisfied just to show the info from xml.

Any objections to this in principle?

thanks
david jencks

Re: [DS] Changing the format of the info from commands? AND REMOVING OLD ADMIN API

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Although there was an OSGI F2F and a big mail outage, I haven't seen any response to this.  Please speak up soon or I will go ahead and remove the  package with the  old felix specific admin api.

(locally, I have all the tests except those for factory components rewritten to use the new ServiceComponentRuntime api + DTOs).

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.