Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/08 19:40:03 UTC

More that one application resource file

Subject: More that one application resource file
From: Davor Cengija <dc...@inet.hr>
 ===
Is it possible, and if yes, how, to have more than one application resource
file in a single application?

I'm working on a project where diffrerent people at different levels
maintain a set of messages and translations and it's became very
complicated to have all the jsp's and application resources in sync. What
I'd like to have is appRes1.properties, appRes2.properties (and with locale
extensions) and to use them just as they were merged into one
appRes.properties file.

--
Davor Cengija
dcengija_remove_@inet.hr

Re: More that one application resource file

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Struts Newsgroup wrote:

> Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:40:03 -0700
> From: Struts Newsgroup <st...@basebeans.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: More that one application resource file
>
> Subject: More that one application resource file
> From: Davor Cengija <dc...@inet.hr>
>  ===
> Is it possible, and if yes, how, to have more than one application resource
> file in a single application?
>
> I'm working on a project where diffrerent people at different levels
> maintain a set of messages and translations and it's became very
> complicated to have all the jsp's and application resources in sync. What
> I'd like to have is appRes1.properties, appRes2.properties (and with locale
> extensions) and to use them just as they were merged into one
> appRes.properties file.

Can't you do the merging as part of your build process?  Using "cat"
(Unix) or "copy" (Windows) in a build script would seem like an easy
solution to this.