Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Christian Möller <dc...@gmx.de> on 2007/12/17 11:29:25 UTC

Any support of JDBC-3 feature supportsGetGeneratedKeys() (aka auto-generated keys)?

Hi,

I've a question concerning the iBATIS support of the JDBC-3 feature to
receive auto-generated keys via java.sql.Statement.getGeneratedKeys():

iBATIS supports auto-generated keys via execution of SQLs before/after
the INSERT statement as described in the developer guide (chapter
"Auto-generated Keys"). Is the aforementioned JDBC-3 feature currently
supported, too? I've scanned the mailing list and developer guide for an
answer without success, so guessing the answer will be "No". Is their
some plan or effort to support it in future versions of iBATIS?

This feature would make it easier to work with iBATIS especially if
different databases are used within a project - maybe only to support
unit-testing of DAO code by using an in-memory DB like HSQL (still
missing this JDBC-3 feature) or H2 in parallel to your
production/enterprise database (Oracle, DB2, and so on).

Thanks.

Christian

RE: Any support of JDBC-3 feature supportsGetGeneratedKeys() (aka auto-generated keys)?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
This is something we've wanted to add for a while (since dropping support
for older JDKs).  But it's just a matter of finding someone with time to do
it.  It shouldn't be hard at all, as it just returns a result set like the
<selectKey> does...

Clinton