Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Wadsworth, Eric (Contractor)" <wa...@fhu.disa.mil> on 2003/11/24 21:44:56 UTC

RE: Questions on distributed repository layout

> So my question is, can a repository be distributed over
> several systems
> to increase processing power? A cluster perhaps?

This would probably best be done by dropping Apache as the holder of the
subversion server process, and take up Weblogic Server instead. Ah, so easy
to say, with such daunting development implications...

*Chucke* This might not make it into 1.0, FYI.

--- Eric

SPAM[RBL] Re: Questions on distributed repository layout

Posted by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net>.
Wadsworth, Eric (Contractor) wrote:

>>So my question is, can a repository be distributed over
>>several systems
>>to increase processing power? A cluster perhaps?
>>

>This would probably best be done by dropping Apache as the holder of the
>subversion server process, and take up Weblogic Server instead. Ah, so easy
>to say, with such daunting development implications...

Would it be possible to use Apache to proxy to a cluster of fulfillment
servers, based on differing URLs? So I'm looking at

http://apache1/repos/trunk

and Apache1 transparently directs requests to

http://apache2/repos/trunk/dir1
http://apache3/repos/trunk/dir2

when I access subdirectories? Or does Subversion/WebDav not quite work
like that?

Mike.

SPAM[RBL] Re: Questions on distributed repository layout

Posted by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net>.