Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 03:12:28 UTC

Improvements to Apache Arrow website

hi folks,

In advance of the Arrow 0.3 release, I updated our website to use a static
site generator (Jekyll), and added

* Rendered format specification documents
* Rendered API documentation for C++, Java, and Python

See http://arrow.apache.org/ for the new-and-improved site. Pull request
implementing this is here: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/589

Now that we have C and Ruby bindings, it would be great to get docs for
these added to the website.

We should also now be able to easily set up a project blog with posts
written in Markdown. There, contributors and users will be welcome to share
news about Arrow development and how they are using the libraries in
downstream projects.

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Improvements to Apache Arrow website

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Thank you Wes and Kouhei for making this happen! It really looks great
and I already used the generated documentation to pass to colleagues.
Still there are a lot missing pieces but having the system in place is a
great boost to add more.

--
  Uwe L. Korn
  uwelk@xhochy.com