Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Chow <ec...@macaucabletv.com> on 2003/03/14 05:44:05 UTC

Multi-Page Form problem?

Hello,

In the struts-validator example, the multi-page registration form is based on Client Side(JavaScript) validation.

Is there any example to implement multi-page form that validate in the Form(Server side) but not define in validation.xml ???

Best regards,
Eric

==========================
If you know what you are doing,
it is not called RESEARCH!
==========================

Re: Multi-Page Form problem?

Posted by Kevin Williams <kw...@tarity.com>.
Eric,

I'm not sure what you mean by the validate.xml file, but if you were
referring to the validate method on the form object, you have a couple
options.  The first (and best) is to simplate set the validate=false
option for the actions whose forms you do NOT want to validate.  Another
option is to add a property in the form and to check against it within
your validate method.  I use the 1st method for multi-page forms, and
the second method for instances where the validation is different within
the same action (i.e. update vs. insert on the same page).

Hope this helps,

Kevin