Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2013/03/12 07:58:34 UTC

Web Site Migration - status and open issues

Hi,

our main web site is now powered by the Apache CMS (thanks to everyone
involved, especially to Felix), however we still have the old web site
available and it seems that in some cases the content in the Apache
CMS does not reflect the latest result from the old site.

This means we have to check page by page

So, we need to do the following for each and every page:
- compare /site/xyz with /xyz and update /xyz if required
- remove /site/xyz from svn and add a redirect for this url to /site/.htaccess

So once /site is empty, except for .htaccess, we know that we have
migrated and checked all pages. We've already processed some of the
pages in this manner.

I think we can manage this fairly easy if everyone picks a page from
time to time and works in it. So hopefully after some weeks, we have
finished this open task.

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Web Site Migration - status and open issues

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...So, we need to do the following for each and every page:
> - compare /site/xyz with /xyz and update /xyz if required
> - remove /site/xyz from svn and add a redirect for this url to /site/.htaccess...

I have added that info to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2002 - there's still lots
of pages to check.

-Bertrand