Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 13:00:36 UTC

Building wsrp4j from source

Hi,

I am having trouble building wsrp4j and was wondering if anybody could point
me in the right direction.

I have checked out the source from the trunk of the SVN but when I build it
(with Maven 2.0.8) I get the following error:

------------------------------------- Pasted from CLI

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.pluto:pluto-container:jar:1.1.5-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.pluto-DartifactId=pluto-container -Dversion=
1.1.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.pluto-DartifactId=pluto-container -Dversion=
1.1.5-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.wsrp4j:wsrp4j-producer:war:0.5-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.pluto:pluto-container:jar:1.1.5-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.wsrp4j:wsrp4j-producer:war:0.5-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

--------------------------------------------------- End of Paste

I assume that it's trying to build a jar of pluto-container from the trunk
of the Pluto SVN since the latest release of pluto is 1.1.4.

If somebody has had success building wsrp4j recently, could they suggest the
best way to satisfy this dependency in order to get a working version of
wsrp4j.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Re: Building wsrp4j from source

Posted by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

By adding the jars for pluto-container and pluto-descriptor-impl to maven I
was able to successfully compile and deploy wsrp4j.

One note, I had to run maven with the -fn switch when building pluto because
of a test failure. After doing this the build was successful.

Ian

Posted by B Ramesh <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--