Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by kerr rainey <ke...@rokera.com> on 2003/12/13 00:25:19 UTC

Problems with Palm VersaMail and James

Hi,

Just got myself a new toy, a Palm Tungsten T3, and am have a problem
with the mail.

I can connect to the server and get a list of mails without the bodies,
but as soon as I try and get the body I get an error. Interestingly
everything is fine if the mail is large enough to go over the truncation
limit. The part before truncation is downloaded fine.

There is no difference wither I try and get the message bodies right
from the start. Also, I'm using the simple POP3 mail conduit for syncing
(goes and gets mail from the server instead of syncing with a desktop
client) and that gives the same results. Probably very similar POP
handler code.

Anyone using VersaMail with James?
Other Palm email clients with James?
VersaMail with other POP3 servers?

I turned up the logging on the POP3 server to debug and couldn't see
anything interesting.

Is it James or VersaMail that's being bad? James certainly isn't
erroring or complaining about anything, but I'm surprised VersaMail
would have a problem if James is being spec compliant.

All comments or suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Kerr