Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Margusja <ma...@roo.ee> on 2014/11/03 07:44:27 UTC

SQL authentication engine

Hi

I am looking solution where I can authenticate users from SQL in example
from Oracle RDB befeore user can make requests to HBase. As much I read
Knox documentation the main engine to keep users datais LDAP.
Does Knox provides any possibilities to authenticate from SQL?

--
Best regards, Margus Roo
skype: margusja

Re: SQL authentication engine

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
The datasource configuration itself may be an issue that we can't quite
handle already.

We would need to do some work to the ShiroDeploymentContributor to know
whether a topology is calling for JDBCRealm vs KnoxLdapRealm and add the
appropriate datasource to the resulting web.xml.

Please file a jira for this effort - feel free to provide a patch that does
this or continue discussion in the jira to see whether you want to take it
on.
I think it is work worth doing.

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Margus -