Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by SH Solutions <sh...@gmx.net> on 2004/09/08 20:58:02 UTC

Programmatically assign servlet mappings

Hello

I want to archive the following:

I want to start my application using some ContextListener.
Then my application shall register the required servlet-mappings.
In my web.xml I do NOT want to have any servlet-mappings at all.

The reason for this is, that my cms system serves different content types
with different servlets. One servlet per type. Additionally every servlet is
a module, managed by my cms system.
Basically this means, that I do not know, which modules and hence, which
servlets need to be mapped, if any.

Is there a way to do this?
I assume yes, because embedded tomcat need such things too, I think.

Additionally, is there a way to do this container independent - is there a
servlet-api way to do it?

Regards,
  Steffen