Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> on 2003/05/22 01:48:24 UTC

Strange cache (?) problem with reader (images)

I serve some smaller sites with Cocoon 2, tomcat 4, JDK 1.4, Linux.

For simplicity I do not want to serve images with Apache or Tomcat, but
with a Cocoon Reader using:

<map:match pattern="**.jpg">
  <map:read mime-type="image/jpg" src="html/{1}.jpg"/>
</map:match>

this works, but when I test the website at home (ISDN access), I
realize, that all images are reloaded every time the page is accessed,
even if nothing had changed. this means: the site is displayed with all
images immediately, then one image after the other is reloaded.

this is extremly annoying; is it possible to stop this? I tried
everything I found in the docs, e.g. adding:

<map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 2 houres"/>

to the pipeline. This is even not working, when I set the Mozilla Cache
settings to "Once per session". Everytime the page is displayed, all
images are reloaded. This cant obviously be correct...

thank you for any help!

Alex