Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2022/09/07 13:11:40 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-860: Add client-provided option to guard against unintentional replication factor change during partition reassignments

+1 from me. Thanks, Stan!

Posted by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Thanks everybody!

This KIP has passed with 3 binding votes (Luke, David, Colin).

Colin, I agree with the nitpick and have extended the KIP to mention
throwing an informative error message.

--
Best,
Stanislav

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding).

One nitpick: when the user sets AllowReplicationFactorChange = false, the exception the user gets back from AdminClient should mention that this was the problem.  If the exception just says "The broker does not support ALTER_PARTITION_REASSIGNMENTS with version in range [1, 1]. The supported range is [0, 0]." the user will be confused about what the problem is. Instead, the exception should mention that the broker does not support AllowReplicationFactorChange.