Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2023/05/14 10:58:51 UTC

Issues running tests on Gump after switching to Java 21

Hi all

Mark has upgraded Gump to Java21 and it seems running tests with Ant is
somehow broken.  http://vmgump.apache.org/project_todos.html

I haven't looked into the details myself, yet, just wanted to point out
the issues.

Stefan

Re: Issues running tests on Gump after switching to Java 21

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

I had a brief look. Do you happen to know how these builds are launched
in Gump? I have never used gump before, so I'm not familiar with it.
Most of these failures in Ant build seem to be happening due to:

[java] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Security Manager is deprecated and will be removed in a future release
      [java] 	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ExecuteJava.execute(ExecuteJava.java:194)

which can happen if java wasn't launched using -Dsecurity.manager=allow

-Jaikiran