Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Marko Asplund <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/04 08:46:53 UTC

Order of rdfs:label properties in OWL

Hi,

I'm using Jena RDF API (v2.13.0) for reading OWL documents and I read class
axiom labels using OntClass.listLabels.
The labels aren't returned in the same order as they appear in the document
(for a particular language).

Does OWL specify an ordering for labels?
Does Jena provide a mechanism for reading labels in the order in which they
appear in an OWL document?

My class axioms are of the following form:

<owl:Class rdf:about="123">
  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="1"/>
  <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">label1</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:label xml:lang="en">label2</rdfs:label>
</owl:Class>

marko

Re: Order of rdfs:label properties in OWL

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@graphity.org>.
RDF does not specify ordering, and you're reading RDF/OWL.