Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2003/01/18 17:16:48 UTC

kudos to ourselves

Hi all,

I recently bought a copy of Komodo (ActiveState), and look what I
stumbled into when browsing the documentation:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/Komodo/komodo-doc-scc.html

[...]

Configuring Windows/Cygwin-SSH or Linux/SSH

     To configure CVS to use SSH, refer to
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/community/howto/cvs-ssh/howto-cvs-ssh.html.
Be sure to read the NOTES carefully!

[...]

Even though this hasn't anything to do with the technical operations of
Forrest, it still feels great to see our docs being used as reference
material (which means this URI must be persistent, too).

:-D

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: kudos to ourselves

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.

Steven Noels wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently bought a copy of Komodo (ActiveState), and look what I
> stumbled into when browsing the documentation:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/Komodo/komodo-doc-scc.html
>

> [...]
>
> Configuring Windows/Cygwin-SSH or Linux/SSH
>
>     To configure CVS to use SSH, refer to
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/community/howto/cvs-ssh/howto-cvs-ssh.html.
> Be sure to read the NOTES carefully!
>
> [...]
>
> Even though this hasn't anything to do with the technical operations of
> Forrest, it still feels great to see our docs being used as reference
> material (which means this URI must be persistent, too).

yup, you see apache docs is seen as very authorative,
what is published under apache.org is something very trustful,
probably it is more trusted than if the same content is published
under some non-name URL.

i think that apache.org has a big reputation.

bernhard