Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (AG, COMM)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/01/14 16:19:58 UTC

RE: Copying .properties files into to classes directory using the war task

Erik,

As far as I know, the <classes> element only copies .class files.  Any other
suggestions?

Joshua

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
White, Joshua A (AG, COMM) wrote:
> Erik,
>
> As far as I know, the <classes> element only copies .class files.  Any other
> suggestions?

Not true, it'll include any file.

-chris

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 10:19  AM, White, Joshua A (AG, COMM)
wrote:
> Erik,
>
> As far as I know, the <classes> element only copies .class files.  Any
> other
> suggestions?
>
> Joshua

Did you *try* it?!  :)

<classes> is just a fileset and simply places whatever you hand it into
WEB-INF/classes.  I use this myself in all my web application builds to
embed properties files.

Same goes for <lib> and <webinf> - no restrictions on what you can
place there.

But, in general, you can use a <zipfileset> along with a 'prefix'
attribute to change where things get placed in archives - it just
happens your request is cleaner using <classes>.

	Erik