Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org> on 2016/01/15 16:57:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.6-incubating (RC2)

Hi,

on behalf of Apache Zeppelin PPMC I'd like to call this vote for the
following RC to be released as
Apache Zeppelin incubating-0.5.6

Vote on dev@zeppelin.i.a.o
http://s.apache.org/GFy

Result of vote on dev@zeppelin.i.a.o
http://s.apache.org/DFz

The release candidate consists of the following source distribution archive
zeppelin-0.5.6-incubating.tgz

In addition, the following supplementary binary distributions are provided for
user convenience at the same location
zeppelin-0.5.6-incubating-bin-all.tgz

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zeppelin/0.5.6-incubating-rc2/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zeppelin/0.5.6-incubating-rc2/>*

The maven artifacts are here
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezeppelin-1006
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezeppelin-1006>*

The Git tag is v0.5.6
The Git commit ID is 8698d0e5d376800b174d8b604f584b86b3037d65
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf
?p=incubator-zeppelin.git;a=commit;h=8698d0e5d376800b174d8b604f584b86b3037d65

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/bzz

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zeppelin/KEYS

131 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN/fixforversion/12334165/

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId
=12316221&version=12334165

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

The please vote:
[ ] +1 Release this package as Zeppelin 0.5.6-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

---
Kind regards,
Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.6-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- signatures files look good
- hash files look good
- DISCLAIMER file looks good
- LICENSE file looks good
- NOTICE file looks good
- compile and tests passes
- run sample tests notebooks look good
- no third party exes

- Henry

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Silly me - send this email too early. I see the vote is closed already. Sorry
for the noise.

Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks Alex!

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Thank you Konstantin!

> [...]

> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf
> >
> ?p=incubator-zeppelin.git;a=commit;h=8698d0e5d376800b174d8b604f584b86b3037d65
> ve>
> > Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
> > https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/bzz
> >
> > KEYS file available here:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zeppelin/KEYS
> >
> > 131 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN/fixforversion/12334165/
> >
> > Release note highlights can be found here:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId
> > =12316221&version=12334165
> >
> > The vote will be open for 72 hours.
> >
> > The please vote:
> > [ ] +1 Release this package as Zeppelin 0.5.6-incubating
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zeppelin (incubating) 0.5.6-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 [binding]

Verified:

- signature (ok). [1]
- sha512 checksum (ok)
- licenses (ok) [2]
- tag (ok)
- build from sources (ok) [3]

[1] The signing key isn't available from the release area's KEYS file. Please update ASAP
[2] Every time I need to verify the release I have to spend like half an hour
    to find how to validate the licenses. And considering that Maven made
    it impossible to list all the goals in the project, it is frustrating,
    really. Please add the instructions in that effect to README or DEVNOTES
[3] if you expect particular versions of the build tools, it makes sense to
    enforce it at the beginning. Case in point, one has to go all the way to

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exist
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- all source file have apache headers
- no unexpected binary files
- can compile from source

The year needs updating in the NOTICE file.

I also had a quick look at the binary, I’d suggest you check [1] (no need to add apache licensed software to license) and [2] (no need to duplicate the developed at line).

Not 100% sure but I think there’s also no need to add extra copyright Apache lines either, if not there there’s a number of projects which are not doing that.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product