Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Emmanuel Pirsch <em...@pirsch.org> on 2008/09/12 15:50:30 UTC

Multilanguage projects

Hi,
I'm working on a project that will use Java for some part and a Rails (JRuby
on Rails) application for the other part. I want to use Buildr for the Java
part (and maybe to produce the full release package).

Is there any recommendation on how I should structure my project tree?

my-project/
   java-sub-project/
   rails-sub-project/

My rails project will need a jar from the java-sub-project, what would be
the best way to include it in my rails builds.

Thanks!

Re: Multilanguage projects

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel,

I think the structure you propose is be fine, as for including jars from the
java-sub-project, you can reference them like

     project("java-sub-project").packages # all packages from
java-sub-project
     project("java-sub-project").package(:jar, :id => "something") #  the
something jar from java-sub-project

Also, take a look at  http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/packaging.html

--
vic