Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh <ra...@aspiresys.com> on 2014/12/19 06:53:56 UTC

Indexing with SolrJ

Hi,

I'm trying to index documents using SolrJ. I'm getting duplicate documents
while adding child document to parent in the below scenario. I've UniqueKey
configuration in schema.xml.

1) Adding child to parent. If the parent already has a child then I can just
retrieve that parent and add child document and commit it again. Now it's
working fine.

2) Adding child to parent. If the parent does not have a child document
already, then it's creating duplicate of parent. So, I need to delete the
parent, create the parent with child once again and commit the parent with
child.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Re: Indexing with SolrJ

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,

I suppose it's answered at
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/converting-to-parent-child-block-indexing-td4174835.html

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Rajesh <ra...@aspiresys.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to index documents using SolrJ. I'm getting duplicate documents
> while adding child document to parent in the below scenario. I've UniqueKey
> configuration in schema.xml.
>
> 1) Adding child to parent. If the parent already has a child then I can
> just
> retrieve that parent and add child document and commit it again. Now it's
> working fine.
>
> 2) Adding child to parent. If the parent does not have a child document
> already, then it's creating duplicate of parent. So, I need to delete the
> parent, create the parent with child once again and commit the parent with
> child.
>
> Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev