Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Michael Finney <fi...@ACM.org> on 2009/07/12 16:10:02 UTC

IvyDE depending on IVY 2.0.0 instead

Hi,

1) Any problem with making the IvyDE (2.0.0.beta1) depend on IVY 2.0.0
instead of Ivy 2.1.0RC1?

2) Any problem with making an eclipse feature without a timestamp in its
name (it seemed to work)?

We wanted our IvyDE to use IVY 2.0.0.  So we copied/changed features so
ivyde depends on IVY 2.0.0. this included creating a "feature" for the IVY
2.0.0 jar.

Thanks for any help.

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
finney@ACM.org

Re: IvyDE depending on IVY 2.0.0 instead

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 12 juil. 09 à 16:10, Michael Finney a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> 1) Any problem with making the IvyDE (2.0.0.beta1) depend on IVY 2.0.0
> instead of Ivy 2.1.0RC1?

You should be able to manually to it into your Eclipse. Just remove
the Ivy installed in your plugins directory of your Eclipse install
and the one you want in there.

> 2) Any problem with making an eclipse feature without a timestamp in
> its
> name (it seemed to work)?

Timestamps are somehow mandatory as they make Eclipse understand which
one is after the other. Without them it may work on the end user side,
but for the developpers or even some contributor it will be a pain.

> We wanted our IvyDE to use IVY 2.0.0.  So we copied/changed features
> so
> ivyde depends on IVY 2.0.0. this included creating a "feature" for
> the IVY
> 2.0.0 jar.

Actually features are only needed for updatesite management within
Eclipse. Just putting the plugins you want into your plugins folder
should work nicely.

I understand this is not user friendly, so there is:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-185

Nicolas