Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by beilschmidt <ar...@init.de> on 2008/12/09 13:34:29 UTC

basic questions about ActiveMQ

Hi togehter,

for a composition I have to compare different product, among other things
the product "ActiveMQ".

Now I need a affirmation, that the informations which I found are correct:

-----------------
- protocol-adaption: with "JBI Binding Components"
- programm-expandability: possible to create an new JBI Component (Java),
use Stomp,

- high availability: e.g. clustering is possible
- load-balancing: function available

- data confidentiality: data encryption is possible, more function possible?
- data/message integrity: Master/Slave, Synchronous, Hybrid, other function
possible? (e.g. hash-funxtion - MD5)
- authenticity: e.g. using JAAS for authentication
- authorization: e.g. user roles (read, write, admin)
- non-repudiability: no information found - possible?

- single sign on: no information found - possible?

Re: basic questions about ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/12/9 Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>:
> Just a minor correction; there is a Java Stomp client now
> (http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html#Stomp-JavaAPI), but it is mainly
> intended for testing purposes. You should always consider JMS for Java
> connectivity.

Ah great! I'd never seen that before - thanks for the heads up Dejan!

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: basic questions about ActiveMQ

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Just a minor correction; there is a Java Stomp client now
(http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html#Stomp-JavaAPI), but it is mainly
intended for testing purposes. You should always consider JMS for Java
connectivity.

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac