Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/20 18:35:55 UTC

[ANN] Apache Karaf 2.4.0 Released!

The Karaf team is pleased to announce the release of Karaf version 2.4.0.

Apache Karaf is a small OSGi distribution which provides a ready to
use container for server side applications.

This release represents a new branch of Apache Karaf development. It
includes the latest Aries and Pax libraries, Apache Pom 14, add
support for role-based JMX authorization, includes heap dumps when we
create debugging data from create dump command, blueprint-web feature,
support for JAAS groups, and includes Pax CDI feature. There are
several hundred items currently in this RC's release notes, so you'll
want to spend some time discovering all the hidden gems.

http://karaf.apache.org/

This release is available from
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download.html#Karaf2.4.0 and

Maven:

 <dependency>
 <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
 <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
 <version>2.4.0</version>
 </dependency>

Download Note:
Our mirrors are still syncing the new kits, if your primary mirror
does not have the kit please try another from the server mirror list.

Release Notes:

There are 441 resolved issues included in this release, as such we've
documented them on the 2.4.0 release notes page:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download/karaf-2.4.0-release.html

Enjoy!