Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org> on 2011/09/23 07:40:33 UTC

First running 1.3 observations

Now that it's running, aside from a CSS issue with Firefox mentioned
below, it's being confusing in relation to pools.

I created a pool.
In another browser (IE), I created another user, "joe", and made some
posts. Then, went back to my account and tried to add "joe" into my
pool.  (The "Edit" button is someone misleading).  I can type in joe for
the user, and give him either a Read or Write role. Click Add User
button. Nothing happens. No "joe" in the list of users.  Tried his full
name "Joe Sixpack" -- it really didn't like that, and still refused to
accept "joe", not even giving an error message.

Joe is unable to "see" my pool in his browser.

Perhaps I'm missing something; just doing what seems intuitive.

Jack

Re: First running 1.3 observations

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Issue added to Jira.
Yes, I did not expect Joe to see it, unless it had been created but not
showing.

Jack

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
We (I) should probably surface more of our ideas about pools on the
CMS site. Actually, there is quite a bit of documentation present but
it is either hidden in the mail archives or in the old wiki.

I'll put in on my list to surface this information.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,