Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Karel Zacek <za...@lightcomp.cz> on 2008/09/02 10:36:34 UTC

changed defaults for showSummary and showDetail

Hi all

I had problem to render <h:messages> after upgrading from myfaces-1.2.3
to myfaces-1.2.4.
After little searching i stated that default values for showDetail and
showSummary attributes of <h:messages> were changed.

1.2.3 - showSummary=true showDetail=false
1.2.4 - showSummary=false showDetail=true

Karel

Re: changed defaults for showSummary and showDetail

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Karel Zacek <za...@lightcomp.cz> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I had problem to render <h:messages> after upgrading from myfaces-1.2.3 to
> myfaces-1.2.4.
> After little searching i stated that default values for showDetail and
> showSummary attributes of <h:messages> were changed.
>
> 1.2.3 - showSummary=true showDetail=false
> 1.2.4 - showSummary=false showDetail=true

Yes, it is a bug. UIMessage and UIMessages has different default values to
the same properties (showSummary and showDetail). I have filled a bug and
committed a solution.

thanks for your suggerstions

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: MyFaces 1.2 have problems with enum

Posted by Fintan Conway <Fi...@esb.ie>.
Hi Matthias, Simon & all,

How can I use this natively supported enums to e.g. populate a
SelectOneList with the values from an enum, and have the selection
update a variable/property in my backing bean?

Many thanks,

Fintan

yeah,

there is already a bug, with a patch too.
need to apply next days.

On 8/22/07, Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Bryan,

Actually, in JSF 1.2, enums should be natively supported I think. Let me
check the spec some more to be sure.

Regards,

~ Simon

On 8/22/07, Bryan Basham <bb...@stillsecure.com> wrote:

Hello,

You need to use a converter.
For my project, Cobia, I have built
a generic enum converter and enum
UISelectItems component/tag.

These are used like this:

<h:selectOneRadio value="#{form.education}"
        layout="pageDirection">
   <cobia:enumSelectItems type="org.example.EducationEnum"/>
   <cobia:enumConverter type="org.example.EducationEnum"/>
</h:selectOneRadio>

The 'type' attribute is the fully-qualified
class name for the enum type.  These mechanisms
use resource bundles for I18N support.

If you don't need such flexibility,
then I would recommend building your
own Converter specifically for the
Education enum.  However, if you use
a lot of enums that are exposed in the
UI, then you will probably want to invest
in a more general solution.

Contact me personally if you want to see
the Cobia code for this.

Regards,
Bryan