Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/12/14 00:48:14 UTC

Re: cvs commit: gump/project directory.xml

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 07:00, ips@apache.org wrote:
> ips         2004/12/13 15:00:16
>
>   Added:       project  directory.xml
>   Log:
>   first cut at a module descriptor for the Directory project - currently
> contains only a project def for the Naming subproject

This is already work in progress. See the profile/gump.xml for the module
inclusions. The Directory descriptors are kept there for the time being.

Thanks for your interest, but I think you have wasted your time.

Btw, wondering who ips@apache.org was, I went to
http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html and no listing.
Ian Springer, I think you should enquire why that is the case.

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.dpml.net       /

Re: cvs commit: gump/project directory.xml

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 14 December 2004 10:06, Ian Springer wrote:

> Fyi, the reason I need a Gump
> descriptor for naming is because I'd like to make it a dependency of the
> apollo project, on which I'm a committer. We currently depend on the
> Tomcat naming jars, but would like to switch over.

The directory-naming shouldn't be too hard to get operational. However, it
consist of two projects, not one. See
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/directory/naming/trunk/gump.xml

I think I'll have these Ok as soon as Log4J is back to be operational (they
have been notified).

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.dpml.net       /

Re: cvs commit: gump/project directory.xml

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Tuesday 14 December 2004 07:00, ips@apache.org wrote:
>

>>ips         2004/12/13 15:00:16
>>
>>  Added:       project  directory.xml
>>  Log:
>>  first cut at a module descriptor for the Directory project - currently
>>contains only a project def for the Naming subproject
>>

>This is already work in progress. See the profile/gump.xml for the module
>inclusions. The Directory descriptors are kept there for the time being.
>
>Thanks for your interest, but I think you have wasted your time.
>
>Btw, wondering who ips@apache.org was, I went to
>http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html and no listing.
>Ian Springer, I think you should enquire why that is the case.
>
>Cheers
>Niclas

Niclas,

Thanks. I grepped project/*.xml for a descriptor for directory-naming,
but I should have also checked gump.xml. Fyi, the reason I need a Gump
descriptor for naming is because I'd like to make it a dependency of the
apollo project, on which I'm a committer. We currently depend on the
Tomcat naming jars, but would like to switch over.

I'll delete the descriptor I checked in. Don't worry about my time being
wasted. It took all of a minute or two.

Thanks for letting me know I'm still not listed on the committers page.

--Ian