Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/09/07 22:03:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

This is a vote to release CXF 2.0.2-incubator.

Once again, there have been a LOT of bug fixes and enhancements that have
been done compared to the 2.0.1 release.   65 JIRA issues are marked as
resolved for 2.0.2 which is an incredible amount of work for a patch
release.  Very nicely done everyone.

For a full list of the issues, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312672&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.2-incubator-take1/

The distributions are in the "dist" directory.
The "m2_repo" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.2-incubator/

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

On a procedural note:  I will be heading on vacation for a week starting
tonight.   Thus, I am passing the "Release Manager Baton" to Dan
Diephouse to monitor/close this vote and conduct the vote on the
Incubator general list.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
+1

Jim

Re: ws_policy sample fails (was: Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator)

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Sorry, it's my fault. I'm certain I was able to run this demo even without policy expressions (I commented them out in a wsdl) which
surprised me, as well as with an updated namespace...Apparently my workspace was a bit broken.

No need to redo the build, a minor update to the addr.extrernal.xml is needed, will submit a patch shortly.

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.

[WITHDRAW][VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I need to withdraw this vote.

While doing some integration testing with Geronimo, Jarek discovered some
TCK failures that are new with the 2.0.2 jars.   There are some things
that are relying on some orderings of Maps (which don't guarantee order)
which is causing some tests to fail on his machine and not mine.

Also, on general@incubator, there are some discussions going on about
whether we can include bouncycastle at all.   We may need to pull that
from the distribution totally (and add notes to the README thats
says "to use WS-Security, you need to get the jar from....).     There
are also some comments about the NOTICE files and such as well that I
need to look into.

In anycase, we're going to need to fix the TCK issue.    Jarek and I are
testing a fix now.    I'll need to then rebuild everything and restart
votes.

Dan

Posted by Peter Jones <pe...@iona.com>.
+1

--
Peter Jones
IONA Technologies Inc.

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by "Paibir, Ajay" <aj...@iona.com>.
+1

Ajay

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Willem2 <ni...@iona.com>.
This is my +1

Willem.

Re: [result] [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
Ahhh didn't realize you had made your way on to the IPMC. I stand
corrected, we have 1 IPMC vote :-)

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Re: [result] [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Ummm...there was one IPMC vote ;-)

Jeff

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Nodet Guillaume <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
+1
Freeman

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
+1

James

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
+1

-- Ulhas Bhole

Daniel Kulp wrote:
> This is a vote to release CXF 2.0.2-incubator.
>
> Once again, there have been a LOT of bug fixes and enhancements that have
> been done compared to the 2.0.1 release.   65 JIRA issues are marked as
> resolved for 2.0.2 which is an incredible amount of work for a patch
> release.  Very nicely done everyone.
>
> For a full list of the issues, see:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312672&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create
>

> The staging area is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.2-incubator-take1/
>

> The distributions are in the "dist" directory.
> The "m2_repo" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
> to the m2-incubating-repository.
>
> This release is tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.2-incubator/
>

> Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.
>

> On a procedural note:  I will be heading on vacation for a week starting
> tonight.   Thus, I am passing the "Release Manager Baton" to Dan
> Diephouse to monitor/close this vote and conduct the vote on the
> Incubator general list.

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator