Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ryabtsev Vladimir <v....@pflb.ru> on 2014/03/21 11:18:46 UTC

Performance of JSR223

According to documentation, JSR223 sampler provides improved performance from compilation and caching in case scripting engine implements Compilable interface. The only language with this interface mentioned in documentation is Groovy. Do I understand right that JSR223/java is interpreted? Will I get any performance improvement if I move from BeanShell sampler to JSR223/java sampler?

-----
Vladimir Ryabtsev

Re: Performance of JSR223

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 March 2014 12:47, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2014 10:18, Ryabtsev Vladimir <v....@pflb.ru> wrote:
>> According to documentation, JSR223 sampler provides improved performance from compilation and caching in case scripting engine implements Compilable interface. The only language with this interface mentioned in documentation is Groovy.
>> Do I understand right that JSR223/java is interpreted?
>
> Yes, they are all interpreted languages.
>
>> Will I get any performance improvement if I move from BeanShell sampler to JSR223/java sampler?
>
> No, because JRS223/java is implemented by BeanShell as you can
> discover by creating a script containing an error.
>
> ==
> There ought to be a better way to discover what engine is associated
> with each language name.

Implemented

Re: Performance of JSR223

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.