Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "S. Sharif" <al...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/02 02:36:10 UTC

[Axis2] Question: Axis2 Quick Start Guide, the 5 approaches for creating web services (POJO, AXIOM, ADB, XMLBeans, JiBX)

Hi,
I am new to Axis/Axis2.  I stumbled into Axis2 earlier
this week, while trying to find something that would
make developing web services in Java less difficult  I
have started looking at Axis2 during the last couple
of days, downloaded it, installed it, ran it, and read
through some docs.

I am working on a project, that already has several
web services that were previously developed using some
proprietary Novell software tool.  Now I have been
tasked to look into converting these web services to
Java.

I don't have a wsdl file.  If there is one, then the
Novell web service development tool probabley
generates it behind the scenes somewhere.  The web
services currently take in input as a request xml
document and return a response xml document.  So I
know what the input xml and output xml looks like for
each one of the web services, but I don't have the
wsdl.

Now, I am trying to figure out what is the best and
fastest way for me to convert these web services to
Java.

I read through the quick start guide for Axis2 at

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/quickstartguide.html

The guide outlines 5 different approaches (POJO,
AXIOM, ADB, XMLBeans, JiBX).  I have read through the
guide, but I can't help not being confused over which
approach I should go with.  I would like some help on
deciding which approach is best for my situation.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

* Saladin Sharif
* e-mail:  al_zawiah@yahoo.com
* Visit homepage @ http://gaia.ecs.csus.edu/~sharifs

RE: [Axis2] Question: Axis2 Quick Start Guide, the 5 approaches for creating web services (POJO, AXIOM, ADB, XMLBeans, JiBX)

Posted by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com>.
Sounds like the easiest approach for you is to use
RawXMLMessageReceivers for your operations :

OMElemenet myOperation1(OMElement inputXmlDocument) {
}

OMElement basically is an XMLInfoset, so you might be able to use your
existing operation implementation code
with some straight forward changes.