Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Dominik Moritz <do...@apache.org> on 2021/07/30 17:15:45 UTC

Proposal to include JS bundle description fix in Arrow 5.0.1

Hi all,

We introduced a regression in Arrow that sometimes leads JS code bundlers
to emitting code that is missing some functionality. We have a patch for
this problem in https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/10826 that is now in
master. I would like to propose to release Arrow JS 5.0.1 with this change
in it.

What’s the process for releasing a patch version? I marked
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-12636 as being fixed in 5.0.1.
Will this patch be in a 5.0.1 release automatically when we get to a
general 5.0.1 release (not just JS). The issue isn’t super urgent since the
issue exists in Arrow 4 as well but it would be good not to wait until
Arrow 6.

Best wishes,
Dom

Re: Proposal to include JS bundle description fix in Arrow 5.0.1

Posted by Dominik Moritz <do...@apache.org>.
 Okay, that makes sense. Looking forward to making an awesome 6.0 release
then.

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Moritz <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dominik Moritz <do...@apache.org>.