Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christian Foerg <ch...@alfavision.de> on 2006/09/14 13:33:55 UTC

Not authorized

Hi everybody!

I got an autorisation problem on svn.
I'm running svnserve and do the authorisation with a passwd and a authz
file.
Here the content:

svnserve.conf:
   anon-access = read
   auth-access = write
   password-db = passwd
   authz-db = authz
   realm = alfa
passwd:
   [users]
   foerg = something
authz:
   [groups]
   alfa = foerg
   [/]
   @alfa = rw
   * = r
   [/Libs]
   @alfa = rw
   * = r
   [/Header]
   @alfa = rw
   * = r
   [/Source]
   @alfa = rw
   root = r
   * =

Everything on the authentification works just perfect except:
(I use RapidSVN from Windows)
If I try to checkout the directory "/Source", at logged-in state, of
course.
I get the error message "Not authorized to open root of edit operation".
If I set "* = r" it works. But i'dont want everyone to checkout the
sources.

Any idea???

Thx
Christian

RE: Not authorized

Posted by Thomas Hemmer <th...@go-engineering.de>.
You're right, sorry.
anon-access = none is mandatory for my suggestion to work.

Best regards,

Thomas

Re: Not authorized

Posted by 郑新星 <zh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Not authorized

Posted by Thomas Hemmer <th...@go-engineering.de>.
Christian,

simply omit the line

* =

within the [/source] section, and it should work fine.

This is because initially nobody at all has access (neither read nor write) to
/Source, so there is no need to explicitly revoke permissions for "everyone".
After all research I have done on this topic it seems to me as if a "deny"
always wins over an "allow" that is placed on the same item which is why you
can't follow the approach "first of all deny everything from everyone and then
grant permissions as needed".

Hope this helps,

Thomas