Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com> on 1999/10/22 18:04:58 UTC

Jikes for compiling JSP (was RE: Error in Tomcat build ...)

I had one question concerning the compiler used for the JSP. Is it possible
to use Jikes to compile the JSP ? This would increase the performance quite
a lot. I have not looked at the code yet (just been playing with tomcat and
jetspeed) but I think that would be nice to have. Is it already there ? Does
it need to be added ?

If it needs to be added, maybe someone can tell me where to look and I can
try to add it.

Thanks

Jean-Noel

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
Hi Jean,

I've moved this thread to tomcat-dev.

Support for plugging in other compilers in the JSP engine is not complete but
most of the infrastructure is there. Checkout the Compiler, JavaCompiler,
SunJavaCompiler and JspEngineContext to see how you can make changes to plug in
Jikes etc...

Jean-Noel Gadreau wrote:

> I had one question concerning the compiler used for the JSP. Is it possible
> to use Jikes to compile the JSP ? This would increase the performance quite
> a lot. I have not looked at the code yet (just been playing with tomcat and
> jetspeed) but I think that would be nice to have. Is it already there ? Does
> it need to be added ?
>
> If it needs to be added, maybe someone can tell me where to look and I can
> try to add it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean-Noel

Peace, Anil +<:-)