Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/05/03 03:37:40 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "SpatialSearch" by JayHill

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "SpatialSearch" page has been changed by JayHill.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch?action=diff&rev1=64&rev2=65

   . [[http://localhost:8983/solr/select?wt=json&indent=true&fl=name,store&q=*:*&fq={!bbox}&sfield=store&pt=45.15,-93.85&d=5|...&q=*:*&fq={!bbox}&sfield=store&pt=45.15,-93.85&d=5]]

- Because the bounding box is less selective, if we change our distance to 3km it will still include the Buffalo store (which is actually 3.437 km away).  If we used the more accurate '''geofilt''' at 3km, these documents not match.  There are many scenarios when the bounding box can make sense though - especially if you are sorting by some other criteria anyway, or sorting by distance itself.
+ Because the bounding box is less selective, if we change our distance to 3km it will still include the Buffalo store (which is actually 3.437 km away).  If we used the more accurate '''geofilt''' at 3km, these documents would not match.  There are many scenarios when the bounding box can make sense though - especially if you are sorting by some other criteria anyway, or sorting by distance itself.

  Since the !LatLonType field also supports field queries and range queries, one can manually create their own bounding box rather than using bbox: