Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pon Umapathy Kailash S <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 18:22:10 UTC

[users@httpd] response handling inside ap_hook_create_request cb function

Hi,
Here is a quick background on what I am trying to do(basically adding
support for websockets - in a slightly customized manner as needed for
my app):

- Handle the initial handshake inside a cb function registered as a
handler hook(from here, I compute checksums required and return the
response headers as needed).
 Also, the socket from which the request was read is stored in a cache.

- For subsequent message reception(on the same connection), i have a
function cb registered using ap_hook_create_request(since this is a
different protocol format message). Here, I read and parse the
messages/requests which are coming in from the cached list of
sockets(this is working).

However, once I return from this cb, the connection/socket seems to be
closed. I guess the request is further passed down to hooks down the
line and the connection is closed since the req format is not known.

What would be the best way to handle this scenario?

Regards,
Umapathy

Re: [users@httpd] response handling inside ap_hook_create_request cb function

Posted by Pon Umapathy Kailash S <po...@gmail.com>.