Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pramod <si...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/29 07:25:56 UTC

KahaDB on NFS

Hi ,

I am new to AMQ. I do have a different scenario here. I have two NFS
servers, with a floating IP.

nfs01.example.com
nfs02.example.com , which is having a floating IP 192.168.1.1 , which will
be mounted on NFS server which is currently active( I am assuming nfs01 as
active in this scenario) .

I have an export called /actvemq/KahaDB in both NFS servers which we are
using sync mechanisms so that data in both the export directories in nfs01
and 02 remains identical.

I do have an AMQ server amq.example.com , where the KahaDB directory is the
exported NFS share from
active NFS server(Nfs01) .I changed activemq.xml too ,to set the KahaDB
directory to set to those exported shares.

So the problem here is , if we make NFS01 down ,the floating IP will
automatically changes to NFS02 and mounted directories  will remain intact
in amq.example.com.

But AMQ stops responding after the failover. Without any errors to Logs. We
need to restart AMQ after this.

Is there anyway that AMQ will wait for sometime to write till the disk is
back online ? Or anyway to overcome this situation ?

Thanks,
Pramod

Re: KahaDB on NFS

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I'd increase the logging to DEBUG to see if you can get more information
about where execution gets stuck.  You could also take a thread dump and
look at whether any of the threads are stuck anywhere interesting.

Tim