Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Carlos Orrego <or...@inflexa.com> on 2003/06/12 21:59:08 UTC

IF you are running out of Memory in Win2k

I have solve the issue thanks to your help!!!
If your are running Jetspeed on tomcat on win2k as a service and you want to:

1. Run the jvm as -server mode, do:
Modify %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\i386\jvm.cfg

This should also work for the JRE as well.

If you move -server KNOWN to the top of the list, this will be used as the
default mode.  To verify, type java at the command prompt.  Notice at the
bottom that it says server is the default VM.

2. Increase the heap memory size, do:
You can change the parameters in the Windows registry. If your service name is "Apache Tomcat" The location is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat\Parameters

Change the JVM Option Count value to the new value with the number of parameters it will now have. In my case, I added two
parameters -Xms100m and -Xmx256m and it was 3 before so I bumped it to 5.

Then I created two more String values. I called the first one I added 'JVM Option Number 4' and the second 'JVM Option Number 5'.
Then I set the value inside each. The first one I set to '-Xms100m' and the second I set to '-Xmx256m'. Then I restarted Tomcat and
observed when I did big processing the memory limit was now 256 MB, so it worked. Hope this helps!

hope this helps and thanks to the people that replied to my desperation

Carlos Orrego
www.inflexa.com

"Salve un árbol. No imprima."
"Save a tree. Do not print."