Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mrinmoy Pal <pm...@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com> on 2007/10/22 21:57:54 UTC

Timeout issue while calling servlet deployed in standalone Tomcat

Hi,

There is a problem in out project for an outside Application to connect to
Servlet deployed in Tomcat. The outside application is giving Timeout errors
around 30-40% of the time.
There are more than 20 servlets deployed in the tomcat and there are around
10-12 requests (for all the servlets) coming to Tomcat in a minute.

The problem we are facing is only for one servlet, where the outside
Application is getting timeout. For eg: the outside application is sending
10 requests, but only 4 requests are seen in the Tomcat log files
(localhost_access.log). The outside application is waiting for 2 minutes and
then getting timed out. Increasing the timeout on the outside application to
4 minutes is not helping either. The problem is not occurring for the other
serverls but only for one servlet.

Configuration is given below.
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

I even increased the maxProcessors from 75 to 150 and acceptCount from 10 to
20, but the behavior doesn’t change.
I am looking out if anybody has faced such problem and the points where I
need to invetigate further.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks