Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/19 09:27:12 UTC

permissions for temporary queues

Hello,

A namespace exists for temporary queues so that address-settings can be applied to temporary queues.
That namespace is configured using configuration parameter "temporary-queue-namespace".

In my setup, the security-settings are applied to very specific patterns/prefixes only, so that no user has permissions on "#".
When my observation is correct, creating temporary queues always fails unless "createNonDurableQueue" is granted to "#".
But that contradicts my careful organisation of permissions.

I tried to configure security-settings using the value from temporary-queue-namespace, but that seemed ineffective.

My suspicion is that temporary-queue-namespace is only used for address-settings, but not for security-settings.
Is that suspicion correct?
And, if so, is that really intended?

thx,
Erwin

RE: permissions for temporary queues

Posted by "Dondorp, Erwin" <er...@cgi.com.INVALID>.
Domenico,

Thanks for finding that one. Obviously, it has my vote now.
And I'm glad that I can stop searching and experimenting for this...

e.

EXTERNAL SENDER:   Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE:    Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n’ouvrez aucune pièce jointe à moins qu’ils ne proviennent d’un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.

Hi Erwin,

your suspicion is right, the temporary-queue-namespace is only used for address-settings, but not for security-settings, see ARTEMIS-3692 [1].

[1] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3692__;!!AaIhyw!sndbMKxDclJf5TC3NBldW-MteNPbg8-5eEEo-4lWT97jH_39lr7eSQcmgxq1E4GPy6KMekVlLkBkCAG25FsN$

Regards,
Domenico

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.